Bernedoodles are a popular breed of designer dogs that are known for their intelligence, loyalty, and friendly temperament, which is why we have a list of the best Bernedoodle breeders in Michigan for you.
These dogs are a cross between a Bernese Mountain Dog and a Poodle, resulting in a unique mix of the traits of both breeds.
If you’re looking for a Bernedoodle, it’s essential to find a reputable breeder to ensure that the puppy is healthy and well-socialized.
In this guide, we have compiled a list of some of the best Bernedoodle breeders in Michigan who are known for their exceptional breeding practices, commitment to producing healthy puppies and providing comprehensive support to their customers.
The Average Cost of a Bernedoodle Puppy from a Breeder in Michigan
The average cost of a Bernedoodle puppy from a breeder in Michigan can vary depending on several factors, such as the breeder’s reputation, the quality of the breeding stock, and the puppy’s pedigree.
On average, you can expect to pay anywhere between $2,500 to $4,000 for a Bernedoodle puppy from a reputable breeder in Michigan.
You might be thinking that the upfront cost of purchasing a Bernedoodle puppy may seem steep, it’s a worthwhile investment in a lifelong companion.
A reputable breeder will ensure that the puppy’s parents are health tested, and the puppy is vaccinated, dewormed, and socialized before leaving for their new home.
Additionally, a reputable breeder will provide ongoing support and advice for the lifetime of the dog.
It’s also crucial to avoid purchasing a Bernedoodle puppy from a breeder who offers puppies at a significantly lower price, as this may indicate that the breeder is cutting corners or using unethical breeding practices.
Such puppies may be at a higher risk for health problems, and behavioral issues, and may not be properly socialized or trained.
Some Questions To Ask A Breeder
Before purchasing a Bernedoodle puppy, it’s essential to do your research and choose a reputable breeder. Here are some questions to ask the breeder to ensure that you are getting a healthy and happy puppy:
- What health testing has been done on the parents? Bernedoodles can be prone to certain health issues, such as hip dysplasia, elbow dysplasia, and eye problems.
- A reputable breeder will have conducted health tests on the parents to ensure that they are not passing on any genetic health issues to their offspring.
- Can I see the puppy’s parents? Meeting the puppy’s parents can give you an idea of their temperament, appearance, and overall health. It can also help you assess the quality of the breeding stock.
- How are the puppies socialized? Socialization is crucial for puppies to develop into well-adjusted and confident adults.
- A good breeder will have exposed the puppies to different people, sights, sounds, and experiences to help them become comfortable and well-rounded.
- What kind of training has the puppy received? While puppies will still require further training, it’s essential to ask what kind of training the breeder has provided so far.
- This will give you an idea of the puppy’s level of obedience and any specific training needs they may have.
- What is the breeder’s policy on health guarantees? Reputable breeders will typically offer a health guarantee or warranty against certain genetic health issues.
- Ask about the details of the guarantee and what steps the breeder will take if the puppy develops any health problems.
- Can you provide references from previous buyers? Talking to other people who have purchased puppies from the breeder can give you an idea of their experience and the quality of the puppies.
- What kind of after-sales support do you provide? A good breeder will offer ongoing support and advice for the lifetime of the puppy.
Ask about the breeder’s policy on support, including what kind of advice they can provide and how to contact them if you have any concerns.
Asking these questions can help you find a reputable breeder and ensure that you are getting a healthy and well-adjusted Bernedoodle puppy.
Common Traits of the Bernedoodle Breed
Bernedoodles are a relatively new hybrid breed that combines the intelligence, loyalty, and friendly nature of the Bernese Mountain Dog with the hypoallergenic and non-shedding coat of the Poodle.
As with any hybrid breed, Bernedoodles can exhibit a range of traits, both physical and behavioral, depending on their breeding and individual characteristics.
However, there are some common traits that Bernedoodles tend to exhibit, including:
- Friendly and Affectionate: Bernedoodles are known for their loving and friendly personalities. They thrive on human companionship and are eager to please their owners.
- Intelligent: Both Bernese Mountain Dogs and Poodles are highly intelligent breeds, and Bernedoodles inherit this trait from their parents. They are quick learners and excel at obedience and agility training.
- Low-Shedding Coat: Bernedoodles have a curly or wavy coat that is low-shedding and hypoallergenic, making them a good choice for people with allergies.
- Size and Appearance: Bernedoodles can come in a range of sizes, depending on their breeding. They typically have a sturdy, athletic build, and their coat colors can vary from black and white to tri-color.
- Playful and Active: Bernedoodles have plenty of energy and love to play and exercise. They enjoy spending time outdoors, whether it’s going for a walk, playing fetch, or hiking in the woods.
- Protective: Bernedoodles can be protective of their owners and their home, making them excellent watchdogs. However, they should be socialized properly to ensure that their protective instincts don’t turn into aggression.
Overall, Bernedoodles make excellent family pets due to their friendly and affectionate nature, intelligence, and low-shedding coat.
However, as with any breed, it’s important to research and choose a reputable breeder and provide proper training and socialization to ensure a happy and healthy companion
Doodlewoods is a reputable Bernedoodle breeder from Parma, Michigan.
Located in Southern Michigan, this breeder offers a unique combination of traditional love and modern breeding techniques on their 20-acre private country setting.
With over 20 years of breeding and training experience, they have a passion for dogs that has been with them their entire life.
They want to ensure that their puppies come from healthy and sound genetic backgrounds, so they conduct thorough genetic and health tests on their parent dogs.
Doodlewoods believes in transparency and accountability so all of their health testing results easily accessible online, attached to each parent’s profile.
They start working with the dogs from birth, administering early neurological exercises, training, and extreme socialization to ensure a strong foundation.
Bernedoodle puppies from this Breeder come in different colors and prices. The bicolor ones cost $2,200, while the tricolor, sable, or merle ones cost $3,500. The mini tricolor Bernedoodle is priced at $4,000.
To reserve a spot on the waitlist, you need to pay a $500 deposit. If the color or gender you prefer is not available, you can choose another puppy from the current or future litter. Your deposit is transferable and does not expire.
Payment methods accepted for the deposit include PayPal, Venmo, cash, or certified check. You have to pay the balance on the day you pick up your puppy.
- Location: 205 S Harrington Rd, Parma, MI 49269, United States
- Phone Number: 151-7240-0325
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: Doodlewoods
2. Blackstone Berners
Next up we have Blackstone Berners from Blackstone Ave, Michigan.
The business is a family-owned Bernedoodle breeding and Bernese Mountain Dog stud service based in the Magic Capital of the World, located in Southern Michigan.
Blackstone Berners specializes in breeding Bernedoodles with a variety of colors, including bi-color, tri-color, and sable, and they prioritize the health of their puppies by conducting thorough health testing on all of their breeding parents.
This breeder starts training their puppies as early as 3 weeks and desensitizes them with various sounds that help in their overall development. Additionally, they have an advanced training program that comes with a cost.
Puppy Training University offers different programs, starting from 8 weeks of age, including an Associate’s Degree (2-week program) for $1,400 with basic training in potty, commands, leash, and socialization.
And a Bachelor’s Degree (4-week program) for $2,500 that covers advanced training in the same categories.
F1 Standard Bernedoodles are priced based on their color variations, with Bi-Color at $2,500, Phantom, Sable, and Tri-Color at $3,000, and Merle at $3,500.
The puppies come with a 2-year health guarantee, microchip, first vaccinations, and a vet wellness exam at 6 weeks old.
Plus, they give you a health record booklet, a collar for your pup, and links to the health testing information for their parents.
They want to make sure you and your new puppy have everything you need to start your journey together on the right paw!
Blackstone Berners Details:
- Location: 3891 N Blackstone Ave Colon, MI
- Phone Number: 312-399-4757
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: Blackstone Berners
3. Molly’s Darling Doodles
Molly’s Darling Doodles is another Bernedoodle breeder from Michigan, located in Millersburg.
Jason and Molly started breeding dogs as a hobby in 2007, but it soon became their passion, and they left their previous professions to become full-time breeders.
Needless to say, they have years of experience as breeders and continuously update themselves with the best breeding practices. They have bi and tri-color Bernedoodles available and also rare patterns like sables and merles.
Occasionally they have solid color Bernedoodles available as well. The puppies are priced as: Tri-colored $3000-$4000, Bi-colored $2000-$3500, Solid colors $2000-$3000 (rare), Sables $3000-$4000, Merles $4000-$4500.
The following are included when you adopt a puppy from this breeder:
- Health exam by a veterinarian
- Vanguard Plus 5 puppy vaccine at 7-8 weeks old
- Deworming schedule
- 2-year genetic health warranty
- Folder with tips and information
- Spay/neuter contract
- Blanket with siblings’ scent on it
- Starter bag of food
- Lots of wet puppy kisses 🙂
Molly’s Darling Doodles Details:
- Location: 12849 M-68, Millersburg, MI 49759, United States
- Phone Number: 989-351-9291
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: Molly’s Darling Doodles
4. Great Lakes Bernedoodles
Great Lakes Bernedoodles is located in Southwest Michigan and specializes in breeding Standard Bernedoodles.
They carefully select AKC-registered and health-tested parent dogs to ensure quality in their breeding program.
Although they do not participate in dog shows, their focus is on producing beautiful Bernedoodles with exceptional temperaments.
The breeding dogs are either housed in their home or placed in loving guardian homes in the surrounding area.
They also raise every puppy in their home, where they receive an abundance of hands-on attention from the breeder and their four children.
GLB strives to expose each puppy to a variety of life experiences to prepare them to be tolerant and adaptable to different situations.
Additionally, all puppies are started on potty training and crate training early. To adopt a Bernedoodle from Great Lakes Bernedoodles, you need to fill out the puppy application form.
If your form is approved, you’ll need to provide a $500 non-refundable deposit to reserve a puppy. Their puppies range from $2500 – $4000 depending on color.
The package includes a digital version of the animal’s veterinary records and informative reading material.
Additionally, the animal is age-appropriately vaccinated, microchipped (with registration under the Breeder until proof of spay/neuter), dewormed, and provided with a small blanket or plush toy infused with the scent of their mother and siblings.
A selection of toys, treats, and chews are also included.
Great Lakes Bernedoodles Details:
- Location: Red Arrow Hwy, Stevensville, MI 49127, United States
- Phone Number: 269-757-2972
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: Great Lakes Bernedoodles
Conclusion For “Best Bernedoodle Breeders in Michigan”
And there you have it! Those are the best Bernedoodle breeders in Michigan that we handpicked for you.
With all that being said, if you are interested in adding a Bernedoodle to your family, it’s essential to do your research and choose a breeder that meets your needs and standards.
Ask plenty of questions, visit the breeder’s facilities, and meet the puppies and their parents to ensure that you are getting a quality puppy from a responsible breeder.
With a little effort and patience, you can find the perfect Bernedoodle puppy to join your family and bring you years of joy and companionship.
If you find this guide, “Best Bernedoodle Breeders in Michigan,” informative and helpful, you can check out these other dog-related articles from our team:
- Best Bernedoodle Breeders in New England
- Best Bernedoodle Rescues in The USA
- Best Bernedoodle Breeders in The USA
Before you find a Bernedoodle puppy for sale in Michigan, you can learn more about this dog breed by watching “12 Important Facts about Bernedoodle Every New Mom Should Know” down below: